12:00 Lunch in a café
13:00 Walk to the lighthouse
3:30pm - 4:30pm guided boat trip along Flamborough’s spectacular chalk cliffs from Top of the beach, North Landing. Learn more about life beneath the waves; explore deep into a sea cave and come face to face with over 200,000 breeding seabirds. These trips offer unique and exciting views of kittiwakes, guillemots, razorbills, puffins and gannets amongst others.
To join us to the guided boat trip Call the Trust to secure a seat - 01904 659570. Adults £6, Children £3.
What’s there? – wildlife:
- Bird watching – (1) Farmland birds including corn bunting and skylark, (2) rare migrant birds, and (3) seabirds including the colourful puffin, razorbill, guillemot, fulmar and gannets flying past to their breeding colony north-west of the reserve.
- Butterflies including meadow brown, common blue and small white.
- Plants include thrift (Ameria maritima), northern marsh orchid (Dactylorhiza purpurella), pyramid orchid (Anacamptis pyramidalis), primrose (Primula vulgaris) and harebell (Campanula rotundifolia).
- Rock pooling – butterfish, beadlet anemone, velvet swimming crab, limpet, topshell and seaweed Corallina officinalis.
What’s there – facilities:
Several interpretation boards are present around the reserve. Toilets are available in the public car park at North Landing. Pubs and café’s are located very close by. Seabird spectaculars and ‘Peering at Puffin’ days run on some weekends between May – July. Rock-pooling days for local groups/schools, and guided walks for the public and organised groups are also available (please call for more details).
How to get there:
The reserve is located on land both north-west and south-east of North Landing, Flamborough, approximately four miles north east of Bridlington, East Yorkshire. From Bridlington take the B1255, following the signs for Flamborough. Once in the village follow the signs for North Landing, the car park is located to your left as you reach the cliff top. North Landing is served by regular buses from Bridlington, services 510 and 502 run approximately every hour. Telephone 01482 222222 for full details and times see map.
- Parking in public car park at North Landing (£1.50 for full day).
The full circuit of approximately 1.5miles (2.2km) takes about one and a half hours to walk, allowing time to bird watching.